2012년 10월 14일 일요일

EXTRACURRICULAR  ACTIVITIES

Hi~~ Everyone~ I am Gloria.
I think you are very interested in nursing students’ life in the Woosong university .
Let me introduce about extracurricular activities. There are various and enjoyable extracurricular activities  for nursing students even though students might be run off their feet with tough schedule. For example, MUN Conference, English Speech Contest, Toastmaster, etc. I want to say all of them to you but now, I am going to talk about MUN Conference (Model United Nations Conference).


The Woosong University held 18 th Model United Nations Conference-Korea 2012 . It is a huge conference because it is for all universities' students in Korea. The conference was divided into 4 parts and each has a different topic. ; 1st committee(Global efforts to counter nuclear terrorism and strength nuclear security), 2nd committee(Global efforts to protect the basic human rights of migrant workers), 3rd committee(Global efforts to address the challenges and threats in cyberspace), 4th committee(New international development Goals and Framework beyond MDGs and post -2015).
The conference of the 1st committee

The conference of the 2nd committee
  In the conference, participants were all students and they played roles of delegators of nations. 

  



C.S members (I was in C.S)

I engaged in the conference as a member of the secretariat. Only Woosong students could be the secretariat of MUN because Woosong University is one of the hosts. So, the Secretary-General was Yoon, Danbi who was a nursing student of Woosong. The secretariat was also diveded into 3 departments ; the Conference Service, the Information Service, and the Administration Service. We had prepared for the conference for 5months from march to july. 


We had a meeting every week over twice

I was in charge of the 1st committee as a member of Conference service department. 
the conference of the 1st committee


It's me!! He,beside me, is a member of A.S for the 1st committee.

We were so tired out because we should stay all night and we did our best to help the conference to go well. So, we finished the conference successfully.


the closing ceremony

The last day, I could not believe we would not meet for the conference anymore.
It was really good time.
 
the closing ceremony




Award!!



the closing ceremony
  


Through this, I was so glad to know many people who were students of not only our university but also other universities such as Seoul National University, Chung-Ang University, and Yeonse University etc. It was a good opportunity for me to get out of a small pond and see the whole world. It means I could broaden my view. Also, It was great time to find my potential like leadership and ability to fix some problems. Sometimes the meeting didn’t finsh on time. It was delayed again and again because students' opinions should be combined to the one. It was not easy. Then that time, secretaries should show their flexibility to smooth the conference. It was what we should do. I got a lot of important things during MUN.

Sometimes we were sad...
Sometimes we were angry...
Sometimes we were regretful...
But, we were happy because we were together...
I will remember MUN forever...




             Click !!!!!!    MUN closing video




                                                                                                  posted by 201111745 Gloria (Oh, Hyeri) in Bclass

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기